Monday, May 23, 2011

Busted

While I'm doing stuff (cleaning, cooking) I often let Addilece play on our front porch.  However, the rule is she can't go past the bottom step.  Today I had warned her that if she did she would be in a time out.

After having put her in time out once today for getting off the porch I discovered she had wondered off again.  I went to the side of our house and stood at the end of our side walk with my hands on my hips (she was at the other end of the house).

Before she noticed me she came running back towards the porch (I think she was trying to keep from getting caught).  Suddenly she looked up and noticed I was there.  She let out a high pitch squeal, giggled, and took off running the other way.

In my most serious "you better listen NOW" voice I said, "Addilece" and pointed to the ground in front of me.  She started heading back but in the process began shuffling her feet, dropped her shoulders, cocked her head to the side and declared, "Time out." 

Busted!

No comments:

Post a Comment