Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleep-En

This is by no means a humorous post.  It is something I feel I need to journal and remember and I feel like this is the best place to do it....so bare with me.

On Sunday we went to Mrs. Killingsworth's visitation.  None of us had expected that Addilece would even know what was going on so we didn't think much about taking her through there.  When Nana was close to the casket Addilece started saying "sleep-en, sleep-en, sleep-en" and pointing at her.  Realizing it was really starting worry her Nana told her that "She's with Jesus."  She quickly walked away from the casket.  For quit a bit after that Addilece would point to the casket and tell Nana or myself "Jesus."

She really did understand that something wasn't right.  She wanted Mrs. Killingsworth to be "woken up".  I think that she could sense that her body was not like the rest of ours.  I'm glad that we could tell her that she was with Jesus and I'm glad that Addilece understands that to be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. I was already sitting down by the time you came in for the funeral, and you left early so did Addilece do the same thing again then too? Or had they already closed the casket by that point? Wonder if she realized Mrs Killingsworth was still there inside the closed casket? I am also interested in knowing how you two are going to continue to teach Addilece about life and death? Will you only bring up the situation at funerals or at other times too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are full of questions. No, I walked her by the casket before she could realize what was going on the next day. She probably had no clue who or what was in there after they closed it. We will probably teach her about death and life as she learns about salvation and things like that. She will be in Cubbies after this next year and they teach about death and life then. Her bible talks about it....it takes words straight from the Bible. And she'll be old enough to understand some of it next Easter.

    ReplyDelete